20 October 2017
We are recruiting!
KLH Sustainability is looking for a Sustainability Advisor to join their London-based team.
KLH Sustainability is a growing sustainable construction consultancy that combines technical integrity with practical delivery. Our projects are predominantly London based, although we do have a small number of national and international clients. We pride ourselves on our knowledge of the capital and have a great working relationship with some of the city’s largest developers and contractors.
As a Sustainability Advisor you will be expected to run your own small projects to time and to budget. You are expected to take the initiative with these projects and approach other team members for support and advice as required. You will be shadowing more experienced team members on some of our larger projects prior to taking responsibility for these projects over the next year or so.
The role will require you to engage with specialists from across the development process: main developers, architects, engineers, and contractors. You must have good self-awareness to adapt your communication style to our wide range of clients. You will need to be a confident communicator, comfortable in delivering presentations and workshops as well as initiating one on one conversations.
In addition to the ability to manage small projects independently you will be required to undertake technical analysis from time to time, therefore good numerical and analytical skills are an advantage.
The role will require you to be flexible, self-motivated and ambitious. In return, we will offer a wide variety of experience and an opportunity to progress quickly.
All team members are expected to have a broad understanding of sustainability to complement a specific area of technical expertise. Our current preference is for a new team member with a good technical understanding of efficient building design and construction, in particular life-cycle carbon. However, candidates with technical expertise in other areas such as climate change adaptation are encouraged to apply.
- - 4-6 years’ experience working in sustainability consultancy, design or construction
- - First degree in any subject relevant to the built environment but an engineering, environmental science or architectural background is preferred
- - Master’s degree in Energy or Sustainability related subject
- - Ability to interpret and communicate complex ideas to non-technical professionals
- - Ability to learn new subject areas quickly and confidently
- - A curious mind with a desire to explore new ideas
- - Attention to detail and excellent written skills
- - Confident presentation and workshop skills
- - Ability to work independently given guidance and clear instruction
- - Knowledge of BREEAM, LEED and other environmental assessment methodologies
- - Construction site experience
- - £32 - 37,000 salary, depending on experience
- - 4% non-contributory pension contribution
- - 25 days annual leave per year (bank holidays excluded) increasing by one day per year to a maximum of 28 days
- - Payment of a professional subscription
- - Flexible working, including home-working
KLH Sustainability is an equal opportunities employer. You must have the right to work in the UK.
Applications to include cover letter and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org No agencies please.
Deadline for applications 10th November 2017. Candidates should be available for interview the week commencing 20th November 2017.