11 March 2019
We are recruiting!
KLH Sustainability is looking for a Sustainability Advisor to join their London-based team.
KLH Sustainability is a growing sustainable construction consultancy that combines technical integrity with practical delivery. Our projects are predominantly London based, although we do have a small number of national and international clients. We pride ourselves on our knowledge of the capital and have a great working relationship with some of the city’s largest developers and contractors.
As a Sustainability Advisor, under the oversight of the senior team members, you will be expected to contribute to client projects on tasks such as research and report writing, developing planning application statements and data collection and analysis. As a small business, all team members have multiple roles. A portion of your time will be assigned to office management duties including managing the team’s programme management platform and running monthly progress reports for review at team meetings, collation of the bi-monthly newsletter and liaison with the marketing sub-contractor, as well as the occasional administrative support to Kirsten, KLH Director.
The role will require interaction with specialists from across the development process: main developers, architects, engineers, and contractors. You must have good professional relationship management skill and the ability to effectively deliver sustainability services to time and on budget. After the 3-month probationary period, you may be assigned clients and projects of your own to manage and deliver. Therefore, you must be able to take the initiative, manage your own time and be conscientious of when to ask for support.
The role will require you to be a flexible multitasker who is self-motivated and ambitious. In return, we will offer a wide variety of experience and an opportunity for professional development.
All team members are expected to have a broad understanding of sustainability, with each team member developing and in-depth technical knowledge in selected areas. Our current reference is for a new team member with the following technical and non-technical expertise:
- Knowledge of BREEAM, LEED and other environmental assessment methodologies
- - Knowledge of the UK planning process
- Embodied carbon and sustainable materials assessment
- - A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in sustainability consultancy, design or construction
- - Degree in any subject relevant to the built environment but an engineering, environmental science or architectural background is preferred
- - Ability to learn new subject areas quickly and confidently
- - Attention to detail and excellent written skills
- - Good technical and analytical skills
- - Use of project management software platforms such as Avaza.
- - A curious mind with a desire to explore new ideas
- - The ability to multitask and manage tight deadlines
- - Ability to work independently
- Competitive salary, responding to level of experience
- 4% pension contribution, personal contribution in alignment with minimum national requirements (4% as of April 2019)
- 25 days annual leave per year (bank holidays excluded) increasing by one day per year to a maximum of 28 days
- Payment of a professional subscription
- Flexible working, including home-working
KLH Sustainability is an equal opportunities employer. You must have the right to work in the UK.
Applications to include cover letter and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
Deadline for applications 22nd March 2019. Candidates should be available for interview the week commencing 1st April 2019.